Economic growth in Pakistan is constrained by the ongoing regional instability and conflict, which contributes to domestic instability and violence in much of the country. Rates of tuberculosis (TB), maternal and child mortality, and malnutrition are some of the highest in South Asia. Better governance remains a critical need for equitable development.
- Emergency response: Provided basic supplies and rehabilitated damaged water and sanitation systems after massive monsoon flooding in 2010 and 2011.
- Agriculture & Food: Helping dairy farmers increase their incomes by keeping their animals healthy.
- Health: Increasing access to TB treatment; training health workers and midwives to improve maternal childbirth and newborn health.
- Economic opportunity: Providing training in key skills and connecting trainees with local employment opportunities.
- Disaster preparedness: Working with local authorities to develop long-term disaster prevention efforts like reducing soil erosion to mitigate future flooding.
Join us in building a more equitable world.
Use your voice and urge Congress to take action.