Powered by Possible
The world is more fragile than ever. Last night, 815 million people went to bed hungry, and some 66 million people are on the run due to violent conflict. While civil and transnational wars are decreasing, political instability is increasing. From poverty and malnutrition to natural disasters and climate change, it’s easy to see a world of insurmountable challenges. Instead, Mercy Corps see the possibility to create transformative change. And with your help, we can make that change a reality.
Alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
- In the value of every human life and that, as members of a global community, we have a responsibility to support one another.
- In the right of all people to meet their basic needs, feel hope for their future and have opportunities to thrive.
- That every man, woman and child deserves to live in a secure, peaceful community and to be empowered to participate in the decisions that affect their lives.
Crisis and challenge provide an opening to act courageously and offer solutions that spark long-term, transformational change.
We believe secure, productive and just societies emerge when the private, public, and civil society sectors are able to interact with accountability, inclusive participation and mechanisms for peaceful change. This theory is illustrated in our Vision for Change.
Read about our vision, challenges and goals for this fiscal year in our Compass.
We believe we are stronger when we work together, and that it is our duty to be effective with the support and financial resources entrusted to us to accomplish our shared goals. That’s why we work in partnership with the local communities and governments where we work, taking time to listen, adapt and empower people to become leaders of their own change.
We are open and transparent about the work we do and how we do it, and we are committed to achieving demonstrable impact for our partners, donors and the communities we serve by consistently seeking opportunities to innovate, learn and improve. Read more in our Strategic Roadmap.
We see the world differently.
In crisis, we believe in the power of human potential. In struggle, we believe in the ability of communities to grow stronger.
So we act differently.
We understand that communities are the best agents of their own change and local markets are the best engines of long-term recovery. In more than 40 countries, we partner to put bold solutions into action, helping people triumph over adversity and grow stronger from within. For the refugee who dreams of rebuilding her country, for the mother who wants a healthy future for her children — for millions of people filled with the power of possibility — Mercy Corps connects people to the resources they need to build better, stronger lives.
We know that when we work together, we can accomplish so much.
We create transformative change.
Meeting the urgent needs of today.
When the world needs us, we’re there — before, during or after an emergency.
- Mercy Corps has responded to nearly every global emergency over the past 20 years.
- Since 1979, we have provided $4 billion in lifesaving assistance throughout the world.
- Today our team members are helping some 1.8 million people affected by the Syria crisis. Mercy Corps is reaching hundreds of thousands of people with urgently needed food, blankets and other essential supplies while providing safe spaces for children and helping parents rebuild their lives and livelihoods in new countries.
Building a stronger tomorrow.
We create breakthrough solutions by connecting people to the resources they need to strengthen their community from within.
- We have helped more than 220 million people in 122 countries survive through crisis, build better lives and transform their communities for good.
- Each year we infuse millions of dollars into local economies through small business loans and grants to provide livelihoods for the world’s most vulnerable people.
- We are empowering more than 100,000 youth trapped by violent conflict to overcome the profound stress of war and become changemakers in their communities.
You can make an impact starting today. Create a fundraiser and ask your friends and family to support Mercy Corps’ work around the world ▸
Our work is only possible because of the dedication and generosity of our supporters, partners and team members. You can help us transform even more lives. Join the global Mercy Corps community and help children and families around the world survive crisis and build better lives. Now, and for the future.
Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Yemen: Quick facts: What you need to know about famine
Millions of people in Africa and the Middle East are at risk of famine. Get the facts about what famine is, and find out how you can help.
Iraq: With war over, Mosul faces its next battle: recovery
In the aftermath of the brutal fight to liberate the city, over a million people are left to rebuild their lives amid severe destruction. Here's what they're facing, and how we're helping.
South Sudan: Quick facts: What you need to know about the South Sudan crisis
The man-made humanitarian crisis has millions in need of aid and at risk of famine. How did this happen? Get the facts and learn why this young nation needs our help.
United States: Sharing warm meals across Puerto Rico
Each day our team works with the World Central Kitchen team to pack up and distribute about 500 meals to hard-hit communities in Puerto Rico.
Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria: Quick facts: What you need to know about the Syria crisis
Nearly seven years in, Syria's civil war has fueled a massive exodus. See the staggering statistics and learn the facts behind the figures.