The world is facing some of the greatest humanitarian challenges of our time, and at Mercy Corps, we know that no single organization can tackle them alone. So we work across the public and private sectors to bring our unique expertise, innovations and solutions together to spark, scale and sustain change for communities in need around the world.
What we do
To solve today’s complex problems, we go beyond traditional humanitarian aid to support innovative approaches and transformational change.
- We go beyond aid: Mercy Corps works on the front lines of poverty, conflict and disaster in more than 40 countries around the world. We deliver lifesaving supplies to meet urgent needs — and create holistic solutions for lasting change.
- We push beyond crisis: The world’s toughest problems require immediate action — and innovative solutions. Mercy Corps creates lasting change by thinking large scale and long term.
- We build beyond disaster: Mercy Corps helps people in devastated communities survive crisis, rebuild their homes and emerge stronger. We respond quickly to meet urgent needs and go beyond, identifying root causes and setting long-term recovery in motion.
With big ideas, bold action and local insights Mercy Corps helps people build better lives and transform their communities for good. Our corporate and foundation partners help us do this on a larger scale, reaching more people and creating, longer more sustainable impact.
Our Approach is Different
- Short and Long-Term Solutions: We act immediately when crises hit, but create lasting change by thinking long-term
- We take a comprehensive approach, looking for the connections between people and systems.
- Locally-Led and Market-Driven: We understand that communities are the best agents of their own change and local markets are the best engines of long-term recovery
- We push beyond the status quo and innovate to deliver immediate and scalable change
Partner Beyond the Expected
Rather than presenting a traditional proposal to a business or foundation as a donor, we believe that the strongest solutions emerge when we work together with you as partners in a process of co-creation. We work collaboratively with our partners to identify our respective and mutual objectives and the best strategies to drive impact for each organization involved and for the communities in which we work, live and operate. We strive to go beyond traditional aid to bring transformational change where it’s needed most.
Contact us today to discuss launching a new partnership.
Case Study: Starbucks’ Impact in Tea Communities
For over 13 years, Starbucks and Mercy Corps have worked together to provide youth vocational training, health services, and water access improvements to more than 100,000 people, transforming 39 rural communities in the Darjeeling and Assam regions in India and cardamom-growing villages in Guatemala. Learn more here.