Powered by Possible
The world is more fragile than ever. Food shortages have left millions of people hungry, while violent conflict has sent millions on the run. From poverty and malnutrition to natural disasters and climate change, it’s easy to see a world of insurmountable challenges. Instead, we see an opportunity to create transformative change. And with your help, we can make that change a reality.
We see the world differently.
In crisis, we believe in the power of human potential. In struggle, we believe in the ability of communities to grow stronger.
So we act differently.
We understand that communities are the best agents of their own change and local markets are the best engines of long-term recovery. In more than 40 countries, we partner to put bold solutions into action, helping people triumph over adversity and grow stronger from within. For the refugee who dreams of rebuilding her country, for the mother who wants a healthy future for her children — for millions of people filled with the power of possibility — Mercy Corps connects people to the resources they need to build better, stronger lives.
We know that when we work together, we can accomplish so much. Learn about the many ways you can help support Mercy Corps’ work ▸
We create transformative change.
Meeting the urgent needs of today.
When the world needs us, we’re there — before, during or after an emergency.
- Mercy Corps has responded to nearly every global emergency over the past 20 years.
- Since 1979, we have provided $3.7 billion in lifesaving assistance throughout the world.
- Today we have team members in eight countries helping some 2.5 million people affected by the Syria crisis. We also have one of the largest humanitarian operations inside Syria, reaching about 470,000 people per month.
Building a stronger tomorrow.
We create breakthrough solutions by connecting people to the resources they need to strengthen their community from within.
- We have helped more than 220 million people in 122 countries survive through crisis, build better lives and transform their communities for good.
- Each year we infuse millions of dollars into local economies through small business loans and grants to provide livelihoods for the world’s most vulnerable people.
- We are empowering more than 100,000 youth trapped by violent conflict to overcome the profound stress of war and become changemakers in their communities.
Our work is only possible because of the dedication and generosity of our supporters, partners and team members. You can help us transform even more lives. Join the global Mercy Corps community and help children and families around the world survive crisis and build better lives. Now, and for the future.