Powered by Possible
The world is more fragile than ever. Food shortages have left millions of people hungry, while violent conflict has sent millions on the run. From poverty and malnutrition to natural disasters and climate change, it’s easy to see a world of insurmountable challenges. Instead, we see an opportunity to create transformative change.
We see the world differently.
In crisis, we believe in the power of human potential. In struggle, we believe in the ability of communities to grow stronger.
So we act differently.
We understand that communities are the best agents of their own change and local markets are the best engines of long-term recovery. In more than 40 countries, we partner to put bold solutions into action, helping people triumph over adversity and grow stronger from within. For the refugee who dreams of rebuilding her country, for the mother who wants a healthy future for her children — for millions of people filled with the power of possibility — Mercy Corps connects people to the resources they need to build better, stronger lives.
We create transformative change.
Meeting the urgent needs of today.
When the world needs us, we’re there — before, during or after an emergency.
- Mercy Corps has responded to nearly every global emergency over the past 20 years.
- Since 1979, we have provided $3.7 billion in lifesaving assistance throughout the world.
- Today we are the largest non-governmental organization operating inside Syria, reaching up to 677,000 people every month with food, clean water and other essential household items.
Building a stronger tomorrow.
We create breakthrough solutions by connecting people to the resources they need to strengthen their community from within.
- We have helped more than 220 million people in 122 countries survive through crisis, build better lives and transform their communities for good.
- Each year we infuse millions of dollars into local economies through small business loans and grants to provide livelihoods for the world’s most vulnerable people.
- We are empowering more than 100,000 youth trapped by violent conflict to overcome the profound stress of war and become changemakers in their communities.
We are powered by a belief that a better world is possible.