- Communities are the best agents of their own change.
- Local markets are the best engines of sustainable recovery.
- Success is built on the foundation of good governance.
Our strategy for change
- Focus on places in transition, where conflict, disaster, political upheaval or economic collapse present opportunities to challenge the status quo and build more secure, productive and just communities.
- Provide emergency relief in times of crisis, then move quickly to help communities recover and build resilience to future shocks.
- Promote sustainable change by supporting initiatives that are community-led, market-driven and promote good governance.
- Seek innovation that creates major breakthroughs against poverty and lasting change in the places we work.
Learn more about our guiding philosophy in our Vision for Change ▸
Read about our vision, challenges and goals for this fiscal year in the 2015 Strategic Roadmap ▸